- As one of the most famous big wave surfing spots, Sunset Beach (Paumalū) has long been a proving ground for the world's best surfers. The sport of professional surfing was born in the 60's, and ever since Sunset has been the spot where surf careers are made or broken. I was honored to create the artwork for this year's event.
- It was an honor to create fun and whimsical art for All Nippon Airways, one of the premier airlines from Japan to Hawaii. This art piece features the anticipation and excitement of a trip to Hawaii. A family aboard one of ANA’s Airbus’s is filled with elation as they are set to touch down at HNL.
- ANA is Japan's largest airline and you might recall that in 2018, they introduced the Flying Honu. As the first Japanese-operated Airbus 380, the Flying Honu brings hundreds of passengers on a direct flight from Japan to Hawai'i. In celebration of their Flying Honu aircraft, which if you don't know is painted like a turtle (or honu in Hawaiian), they came to me to explore some of my favorite things about traveling to the islands.
- We had such a blast working on the the first Kahala shirt, the 'Makai,' that creating a second exclusive design collaboration was a no-brainer. Since we went makai (toward the sea) last time, we felt it was only right to go mauka (toward the mountains) for this one. On the surface, Hawai‘i seems to be known for endless sand beaches, crystal clear water and reefs.
- OluKai is a Hawaiian-inspired footwear company that is constantly innovating around the type of comfy and cozy shoe they bring their people. They make shoes that I actually love to wear, which is saying something for a surf bum whose in and out of sand a lot. It isn't my first time working with OluKai, but this was a very different kind of collaboration with them.